Our Program aims to facilitate your transition from a non acute environment such as Rehabilitation or Aged care to an acute environment. We are completely committed to developing your career and ensuring that the program will be an exciting and rewarding experience.
Our program is designed so that in the future you will have a better understanding of where you would like to focus your nursing career and consolidate your nursing skills.
Our Program has been designed to:
• offer you an opportunity to gain comprehensive acute medical/surgical clinical experience,
• enable you to use your evidence based knowledge to achieve quality patient outcomes,
• increase your confidence and strengthen your skills base,
• develop your ability to work independently and as a team member,
• enhance your decision making and critical thinking skills,
• allow you to enjoy your nursing career.
Who is Eligible?
The 2019 Acute Care Transition Program is offered to Enrolled Nurses:
• Who are Registered with AHPRA as an Enrolled Nurse (Diploma of Nursing or equivalent qualification with full IV endorsement)
• Has at least 12 months of experience working as an Enrolled Nurse (this program is NOT suitable for a newly graduated Enrolled Nurse)
• Availability to commence the program on Monday 18th of March 2019
6 month program that allows you to enhance decision making skills and critical thinking skills across a broad acute medical/surgical clinical mix. At the end of the program the possibility of ongoing employment will be discussed.
The program is conducted over the three sites (Fitzroy, East Melbourne and Kew). We offer full time and part time positions (minimum of 8 shifts a fortnight) across a variety of shifts including weekends, night duty and public holidays.
St Vincent’s Private East Melbourne is a 12 minute walk from St Vincent’s Private Fitzroy through the beautiful Fitzroy gardens and St Vincent’s Private Kew is only 5kms away in Kew. All campuses are easily accessible via public transport.
We are proud to offer one of the highest nurse educator ratios in the state, so you can be confident that you will have the support you need to achieve your goals. All of our education team members are hands on and are willing to assist you.
You will receive extensive clinical support in that you will be allocated a preceptor and there is a clinical coach to provide hands on bedside clinical support and education in a friendly and supportive manner with an education consultant that oversees the entire program.
We offer extensive education programs across the three sites, access to ward based education, twilight seminars and short courses.
Applications for the 2019 program open on Monday the 21st January 2019 and close Friday 1st of February 2019.
Applications will be accepted through our online portal on the website and need to include the following:
• A covering letter
• Succinct Curriculum Vitae (no more than three pages), with two professional referees
• A certified copy of academic transcript with legend
• Passport sized photo
• Certified copy of passport, driver’s license and or birth certificate (100 points)
Interviews will only be offered once the certified documents have been received online.
Certification of Documents
Documents that have been certified by your TAFE must have the following:
The official TAFE stamp identifying the TAFE, and must be signed by a representative from the clinical school.
Documents certification must follow the AHPRA guidelines for document certification which can be found on the AHPRA website (www.ahpra.gov.au)
We endeavour to respond to your application within in 48hrs of receiving it. All applications will be reviewed by the Enrolled Nurse Program Coordinator.
If you have been selected for an interview you will be contacted via phone. If you have not been selected for an interview you will receive a letter via email. You will have some choice and flexibility when selecting an interview time, the earlier your application is received the more flexibility you will have in selecting a suitable interview time, aim to have your application in at least a week prior to the closing date on Friday the 1st of February 2019.
For more Information
Enrolled Nurse Programs Education Consultant
St Vincent's Private Hospital Melbourne
59 Victoria Pde
Fitzroy Vic 3065
Phone: (03) 9411 7331