You are here:
General SurgeonBreast Surgeon
St Francis Building Level 2 166 Gipps StreetEast Melbourne VIC 3002
03 9318 3588
03 9318 3599
Mr Anthony Hyett graduated from Melbourne University Medical School in 1987 and completed his residency at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne. In 1990 he was appointed as a Melbourne University anatomy demonstrator and also tutor at St Hilda’s and Ormond College in anatomy and physiology.
In 1997, he completed the 2nd part examination in general surgery and was awarded his FRACS. He then completed a further 3 years post fellowship with subspecialisation in breast surgery in London. He was appointed to the Breast Units at Austin Health and Western Health in 2001. In the same year commenced a private practice which has grown into a busy side of his overall practice.
In 2004 Anthony was appointed as a VMO surgeon to St Vincent’s Breast Screen. He has further formal training in 2001 with sentinel node surgery, in 2004 with breast ultrasound training, in 2010 operative breast oncoplastic training in Milan and also in 2012 the new operative technique of skin and nipple sparing mastectomy technique.
Anthony has been actively involved with general surgical registrar training and was one of the original 5 surgeons involved with the creation of the Young Melbourne Breast Surgeons Study and Literature Review Group in 2002.
SUBSPECIALTY INTERESTS INCLUDE:
• All benign breast operations
• Breast conserving surgery for breast cancer including oncoplastic operative techniques
• Standard mastectomy
• Brisk access to high quality breast reconstruction surgeons
• Skin and nipple sparing mastectomy
• Sentinel node surgery and axillary nodal clearance
• Case discussions at public and private breast cancer MDTs
• Second Opinions
• Access to breast radiotherapists, breast oncologists, breast radiologists, breast genetics services, breast care nurses and psychologists
Download a copy of Mr Hyett's profile here.