You are here:
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak the following Hospital Visitor Directions will apply (effective 11.59pm 27 May 2021)
• One support person for Maternity (support person may remain during admission, person is not interchangeable)
• Special Care Nursery – both parents can attend (if able to social distance, following restrictions to space density quotients).
• End of Life Care – 2 visitors may attend at a time, no specified limit to time or maximum limits
• One Parent/Guardian may attend to accompany children at any time
Case by case approval will be made for any exemptions including:
• Essential care for support of patients immediate physical or emotional wellbeing
• In event of medical deterioration, life threatening situation
• A nominated person (as defined in Mental Health Act 2014) when needing mental health treatment
• For discharge education purposes – one carer
• On accompaniment of Outpatient if essential care/emotional support required
• Interpreter/language support
All visitors will need to check the current exposure site list. Visitors who have attended exposure sites in Victoria during exposure dates specified will not be permitted entry until they have completed Department of Health directions regarding testing and/or quarantine.
Visitors who have recently travelled will need to follow the Victorian Travel system website for Department of Health directives. Any visitor who has worked or been in Hotel quarantine in past 7 days will not be permitted entry.
All visitors will be required to complete screening process on arrival, provide details for contact tracing requirements.
All visitors will need to wear Hospital supplied mask, follow infection control measures and practice social distancing.